Friday, January 2, 2009

News for the New Year.

Well, after returning home from my vacation this week, I went online and found out that I've missed out quite a bit since I've been gone. First, ShadowMario64 closed his account on YouTube, as he apparently got into an altercation with MaxOfS2D and Iceonlava777 (I think) regarding a rant that he apparently made regarding the overuse of green screenfights in Super Mario 64.

However, that wasn't it.

I also got 4 emails from YouTube, as apparently Led Zeppelin and Avenged Sevenfold filed copyright claims against 4 of my videos - Episodes 1, 3, and 6 of Re-AMPed, and, ironically, my Goodbye ShadowMario64 video. Unfortunately, I was forced to delete those videos after my mom overreacted as usual when I told her about it, as she was afraid our asses would be sued or something, but I still have the files on my computer, so don't worry. However, what pisses me off is that those videos were OVER A FUCKING YEAR OLD, and NOW I'm finding out that I can't use music that's not mine?! Why not just block all of my Super Mario 64 videos then, since I don't own the rights to that game at all? This is FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!! Also, I didn't even play the songs in their entirety in the movie at all, and I highly doubt that I've caused them any financial troubles or losses at all, considering they have already made a shitload of money because of their albums. I mean, why don't they block the Evolution of Dance movie then? That video has a bunch of songs in it that aren't by the guy who was dancing, and it gets over 100 MILLION VIEWS, almost to 110 million views now. This is making me believe that YouTube only cares about their popularity and the money they're making, and not about the rights of the users that are the backbone of that website. Because of this, I am considering about going to DailyMotion.

Now, before you get pissed off at me, at least listen to what I have to say. I am not leaving YouTube if I do plan on uploading all of my future videos on DailyMotion. To be specific, I'll still be around, as I won't close my account or delete any of my videos that are already on there, but don't expect me to upload anything major onto YouTube if I do happen to go to DailyMotion. Instead, I will do something similar to users who are partnered with Machinima, such as MATTHEWGU4, by uploading a preview of the movie and putting the link to the full one in the video description. I will not be gone, but after what's been happening, some changes need to be made. I hope you guys understand, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays!

No comments: